Man hospitalised after unprovoked assault in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered serious head injuries after being assaulted in Ely during the early hours of Saturday (May 10).
The 48-year-old was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, for treatment after being attacked in Market Street at about 2am.
He had been approached by a group of men who asked for a cigarette before assaulting him.
Police said the incident took place outside the Thing-me-Bobs shop.
Detective Sergeant John Yore, investigating, said: “This was a nasty, unprovoked attack in which the victim suffered serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who saw what happened, or has any information, to call police.”
Anyone with any information should call DS Yore on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months