Man, 95, hit by white van in Fordham – one man charged with careless driving
- Credit: Archant
A 95-year-old man has been left with life threatening injuries after he was hit by a van as he crossed the road in Fordham.
The collision took place on Carter Street yesterday (December 2) when a white Mercedes Sprinter van collided with the victim.
Richardos Primandas, 52, of Dryleys Court, Northampton, has been charged with careless driving and driving while disqualified.
He will appear at Cambridge Magistrates' Court today (December 3).
The pedestrian was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries, but is now said to be in stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
On social media, residents expressed their concern for the man.
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or who saw the white Mercedes Sprinter prior to what happened, is asked to call police on 101 quoting incident 76 of December 2.
Alternatively, you can report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely