Man Hands Over Cheque in Memory of Dead Wife
A CHEQUE for £1,150 was handed over to the East Anglia Children s Hospice (EACH) in memory of the late Beryl Barlow of Mepal. Beryl loved children, and although she and her husband Ernie never had any of their own, they cared for foster children. EACH ne
A CHEQUE for £1,150 was handed over to the East Anglia Children's Hospice (EACH) in memory of the late Beryl Barlow of Mepal. Beryl loved children, and although she and her husband Ernie never had any of their own, they cared for foster children.
"EACH needs this support, because it is only run through donations and fund- raising," said Ernie.
Beryl died in June, just months before she and Ernie were due to celebrate their golden wedding anniversary, and the money was collected in lieu of flowers at her funeral. The cash will be placed into a Gift of Care Tribute Fund by EACH, in memory of Beryl.
Pic cap: Ernie Barlow hands over the money to Nicky Jackson from EACH.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE.
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 3 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 4 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 5 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 6 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you