Man Hands Over Cheque in Memory of Dead Wife
A CHEQUE for £1,150 was handed over to the East Anglia Children s Hospice (EACH) in memory of the late Beryl Barlow of Mepal. Beryl loved children, and although she and her husband Ernie never had any of their own, they cared for foster children. EACH ne
A CHEQUE for £1,150 was handed over to the East Anglia Children's Hospice (EACH) in memory of the late Beryl Barlow of Mepal. Beryl loved children, and although she and her husband Ernie never had any of their own, they cared for foster children.
"EACH needs this support, because it is only run through donations and fund- raising," said Ernie.
Beryl died in June, just months before she and Ernie were due to celebrate their golden wedding anniversary, and the money was collected in lieu of flowers at her funeral. The cash will be placed into a Gift of Care Tribute Fund by EACH, in memory of Beryl.
Pic cap: Ernie Barlow hands over the money to Nicky Jackson from EACH.
You may also want to watch:
Photo: HELEN DRAKE.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car