Ely man faces manslaughter and firearms charge following fatal shooting of teenager in pub car park
- Credit: Archant
An Ely man has been charged with manslaughter after a teenager was shot dead in the car park of a Welsh pub.
Originally four men were arrested in connection with the incident at the Ship Inn in Llanbedrog on February 5 but it was revealed today the manslaughter prosecutions against two of them.
Ben Wilson, 28, of Ely and Ben Fitzsimmons, 22, of Pwllheli, are expected to stand trial in May next year. Both have been released on bail.
Peter Colwell, from Capel Uchaf, Wales, died from gunshot wounds following the incident outside the pub.
Wilson will also face five firearms certificate charges when he appears at Mold Crown Court.
He has been charged with three counts of failing to comply with conditions of a firearm certificate and two charges of failing to comply with conditions on a shotgun certificate.
Fitzsimmons is also charged with possessing a loaded shotgun.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 9 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
Two co-defendants are charged with possessing a loaded shotgun in a public place.
They were also rebailed pending trial.