Man, 62, from Ely arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of class A drugs and money laundering
- Credit: Archant
Five people – including a man from Ely - have been arrested as part of an operation to tackle drugs networking across Cambridgeshire.
Officers from Peterborough's Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and Community Action Team (CAT) carried out warrants in Peterborough, Cambridge and Ely, assisted by southern CID yesterday (May 23).
A 62-year-old man from Ely, two women from Peterborough, aged 31 and 33, and a 23-year-old man from Cambridge were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of class A drugs and money laundering.
A 39-year-old man from Peterborough was arrested on suspicion of possession of class A drugs and handling stolen goods.
He has since been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The other four have all been bailed to return to Thorpe Wood Police Station on June 20.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody