Man Discovered in Broken Down Car Was Found Almost Twice Over The Drink-Drive Limit
POLICE called to a broken down car on the A10 at Ely found drunken Krzysztof Halabis in charge of the vehicle. He got out of the driver s door, smelling of alcohol, and gave a breath test reading almost double the legal alcohol limit. Appearing at Ely cou
POLICE called to a broken down car on the A10 at Ely found drunken Krzysztof Halabis in charge of the vehicle.
He got out of the driver's door, smelling of alcohol, and gave a breath test reading almost double the legal alcohol limit.
Appearing at Ely courthouse on Thursday, Halabis, of The Hostel, Barway Road, Soham, admitted being in charge of a Volvo 740 car when over the drink-drive limit; and driving without a licence or insurance on October 19.
"He had bought the vehicle the previous day," said solicitor James Yardy. "He had consumed alcohol with friends that evening, and the next day drank more alcohol with a meal, topping up from the night before.
You may also want to watch:
"He accepts he was in charge of the vehicle in an intoxicated state," added Mr Yardy.
The court fined Halabis £135, ordered him to pay a surcharge and costs totalling £75, and endorsed eight points on his driving licence.
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 5 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 6 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 7 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 8 My opinion on Fen Biosphere
- 9 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000
- 10 Councillor says MP Steve Barclay told Tories to return £10k lockdown grant