Man Discovered in Broken Down Car Was Found Almost Twice Over The Drink-Drive Limit
POLICE called to a broken down car on the A10 at Ely found drunken Krzysztof Halabis in charge of the vehicle. He got out of the driver s door, smelling of alcohol, and gave a breath test reading almost double the legal alcohol limit. Appearing at Ely cou
POLICE called to a broken down car on the A10 at Ely found drunken Krzysztof Halabis in charge of the vehicle.
He got out of the driver's door, smelling of alcohol, and gave a breath test reading almost double the legal alcohol limit.
Appearing at Ely courthouse on Thursday, Halabis, of The Hostel, Barway Road, Soham, admitted being in charge of a Volvo 740 car when over the drink-drive limit; and driving without a licence or insurance on October 19.
"He had bought the vehicle the previous day," said solicitor James Yardy. "He had consumed alcohol with friends that evening, and the next day drank more alcohol with a meal, topping up from the night before.
You may also want to watch:
"He accepts he was in charge of the vehicle in an intoxicated state," added Mr Yardy.
The court fined Halabis £135, ordered him to pay a surcharge and costs totalling £75, and endorsed eight points on his driving licence.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound