Man Charged with Triple Stabbing
AN Ely man has been charged following a triple stabbing in the city centre in the early hours of Sunday morning. Philip Allan Gregory, 33, of Broad Street, is accused of stabbing a man on Market Place at 2am, following an earlier argument
AN Ely man has been charged following a triple stabbing in the city centre in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Philip Allan Gregory, 33, of Broad Street, is accused of stabbing a man on Market Place at 2am, following an earlier argument.
It is alleged that he then headed towards home and stabbed two innocent passers-by – a man and a woman – on Broad Street, and was then arrested by police. He spent most of Monday being questioned by officers at Parkside Police Station in Cambridge.
The victims were taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where the two men are in a stable condition. The woman, was released from hospital following treatment. A police spokesperson said it was against policy to reveal details of the victims’ ages, injuries or nationalities. They have also confirmed that they are not looking for any witnesses to the incidents.
You may also want to watch:
Gregory is due to appear at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday charged with three counts of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion