Man charged over van theft and attack on man in his 70s
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with robbery after attacking a man in his 70s and stealing his van.
Andrew White, 30, of no known address, was located and arrested 13 minutes after the victim called police on Tuesday (May 17).
The victim, a man in his 70s, called police at about 2pm, saying he was in Lime Tree Avenue and a man had just pushed him to the ground, got in his van and driven off towards Cromwell Road.
Officers were deployed and located White in Bright Street, where he was subsequently arrested on suspicion of robbery.
He was taken to Thorpe Wood Police Station where he was charged with robbery and remanded to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court yesterday morning (Wednesday May 18).
You may also want to watch:
He has since been remanded to appear at the same court on June 15.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens