Man charged over Littleport fight
A 23-YEAR-OLD man has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent following a fight in Littleport on Sunday.
It is alleged that Mindaugas Buzius left a 31-year-old man with severe head injuries following a fight outside the One Stop shop in Wisbech Road.
The 23-year-old, of Station Road in Littleport, was remanded in custody by magistrates in Cambridge on Tuesday ahead of an appearance before a judge at Cambridge Crown Court on Monday.
According to police a fight took place at about 12.30pm and the injured man, also believed to be from Littleport, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
The Magpas Helimedix air ambulance team also attended the scene and helped treat the man, who remains in a serious but stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Phill Richardson said: “I would like to hear from anyone who has any information about this assault.
“Incidents like these are extremely rare and we are treating it as isolated.”
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 6 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 7 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 8 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 9 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 10 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Richardson on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.