Man charged over Littleport fight
A 23-YEAR-OLD man has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent following a fight in Littleport on Sunday.
It is alleged that Mindaugas Buzius left a 31-year-old man with severe head injuries following a fight outside the One Stop shop in Wisbech Road.
The 23-year-old, of Station Road in Littleport, was remanded in custody by magistrates in Cambridge on Tuesday ahead of an appearance before a judge at Cambridge Crown Court on Monday.
According to police a fight took place at about 12.30pm and the injured man, also believed to be from Littleport, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
The Magpas Helimedix air ambulance team also attended the scene and helped treat the man, who remains in a serious but stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Phill Richardson said: “I would like to hear from anyone who has any information about this assault.
“Incidents like these are extremely rare and we are treating it as isolated.”
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 10 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Richardson on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.