Man charged over Littleport fight
A 23-YEAR-OLD man has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent following a fight in Littleport on Sunday.
It is alleged that Mindaugas Buzius left a 31-year-old man with severe head injuries following a fight outside the One Stop shop in Wisbech Road.
The 23-year-old, of Station Road in Littleport, was remanded in custody by magistrates in Cambridge on Tuesday ahead of an appearance before a judge at Cambridge Crown Court on Monday.
According to police a fight took place at about 12.30pm and the injured man, also believed to be from Littleport, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
The Magpas Helimedix air ambulance team also attended the scene and helped treat the man, who remains in a serious but stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Phill Richardson said: “I would like to hear from anyone who has any information about this assault.
“Incidents like these are extremely rare and we are treating it as isolated.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Richardson on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.