Man charged over Littleport fight
A 23-YEAR-OLD man has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent following a fight in Littleport on Sunday.
It is alleged that Mindaugas Buzius left a 31-year-old man with severe head injuries following a fight outside the One Stop shop in Wisbech Road.
The 23-year-old, of Station Road in Littleport, was remanded in custody by magistrates in Cambridge on Tuesday ahead of an appearance before a judge at Cambridge Crown Court on Monday.
According to police a fight took place at about 12.30pm and the injured man, also believed to be from Littleport, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
The Magpas Helimedix air ambulance team also attended the scene and helped treat the man, who remains in a serious but stable condition.
Det Sgt Phill Richardson said: “I would like to hear from anyone who has any information about this assault.
“Incidents like these are extremely rare and we are treating it as isolated.”
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 10 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy
Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Richardson on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.