Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
A 23-YEAR-OLD man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following a fight in Littleport on Sunday.
The fight took place at about 12.30pm near the One Stop on Wisbech Road, with a 31-year-old man rushed to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge after suffering serious head injuries.
The Magpas Helimedix air ambulance team also attended the scene and helped treat the 31-year-old, who remains in a serious condition.
It is understood that the 23-year-old man, who police said is from the village, initially fled the scene after the fight but was later arrested after police examined CCTV footage from the shop. He was taken to Parkside Police Station in Cambridge where he remains in custody.
Det Sgt Phill Richardson said: “I would like to hear from anyone who has any information about this assault.
You may also want to watch:
“Incidents like these are extremely rare and we are treating it as isolated.” Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Richardson on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing