Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
A 23-YEAR-OLD man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following a fight in Littleport on Sunday.
The fight took place at about 12.30pm near the One Stop on Wisbech Road, with a 31-year-old man rushed to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge after suffering serious head injuries.
The Magpas Helimedix air ambulance team also attended the scene and helped treat the 31-year-old, who remains in a serious condition.
It is understood that the 23-year-old man, who police said is from the village, initially fled the scene after the fight but was later arrested after police examined CCTV footage from the shop. He was taken to Parkside Police Station in Cambridge where he remains in custody.
Det Sgt Phill Richardson said: “I would like to hear from anyone who has any information about this assault.
You may also want to watch:
“Incidents like these are extremely rare and we are treating it as isolated.” Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Richardson on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Police increase patrols after reports of criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Councillor shares 'perfect' vaccine experience to encourage others
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge