Man arrested after alleged assault on woman at Ely Railway Station
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old man has been arrested in connection with an alleged assault at Ely Railway Station last month.
The man has been arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm. He has been bailed until Monday, July 27.
At about 2pm on Sunday, June 21, a 34 year-old woman was allegedly assaulted while in her car.
British Transport Police (BTP) detectives are asking for anyone who may have witnessed an alleged assault in the car park at Ely station to come forward.
Detective Constable Andy Pester said: “A 34-year-old woman was allegedly assaulted by a man while in her car.
You may also want to watch:
“The car, a grey Volvo, rolled backwards bumping into a taxi, damaging the vehicle.
“We need to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident or spoke to anyone involved, to build up a clearer picture of what happened.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference ESUB/B4 of 14/07/2015.
Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.