Man arrested after alleged assault on woman at Ely Railway Station
- Credit: Archant
A 36-year-old man has been arrested in connection with an alleged assault at Ely Railway Station last month.
The man has been arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm. He has been bailed until Monday, July 27.
At about 2pm on Sunday, June 21, a 34 year-old woman was allegedly assaulted while in her car.
British Transport Police (BTP) detectives are asking for anyone who may have witnessed an alleged assault in the car park at Ely station to come forward.
Detective Constable Andy Pester said: “A 34-year-old woman was allegedly assaulted by a man while in her car.
“The car, a grey Volvo, rolled backwards bumping into a taxi, damaging the vehicle.
“We need to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident or spoke to anyone involved, to build up a clearer picture of what happened.”
- 1 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 2 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 10 Here’s what you can expect at Ely Folk Festival 2022
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference ESUB/B4 of 14/07/2015.
Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.