Man, 85, left startled after tractor ploughs through crash barrier near his Littleport home
- Credit: Archant
An 85-year-old man from Littleport was left startled after a tractor ploughed through the crash barrier near his home.
John Shalsher, who lives in New River Bank with his wife, Rose, heard “such a bang” at 4.30pm last Wednesday (28).
“I heard a big clang and crash outside my house,” he said.
“I’m 85 so it took me a bit of time to get up and go and check what happened.
“A tractor had driven through the crash barrier and carried on going. The driver never stopped.
You may also want to watch:
“They are a nuisance on the road.
“We live in the dreaded area where all the accidents are happening near Sandal Bridge.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
“My son came down and made the barrier safe again because it was swinging about.
“I reported it to the police and they said because it’s not my house or property that I needed to contact the Highways Agency.”