Man, 81,from Soham, charged with indecency with a child nearly 50 years ago is released on unconditional bail
- Credit: Archant
An 81-year-old man from Soham appeared in court on Tuesday in connection with an ongoing investigation by Cambridgeshire police into historic sex abuse allegations related to football.
Eric Cooper of The Shade has been accused of two counts of indecency with a child between 1968 and 1970.
The charges relate to one boy.
Mr Cooper appeared before magistrates and was released on unconditional bail.
He is due to appear at Cambridge Crown Court on May 31.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said on Tuesday: “A man has today (May 2) been charged in connection with an investigation into non-recent allegations related to football in Cambridgeshire.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody