Man, 64, punched to the ground by youths in unprovoked attack
- Credit: Archant
A man was set upon by two youths in an unprovoked attack in Ely.
The 64-year-old victim, who is from Ely, was walking along High Street at about 11.10pm on Saturday (August 30) when he was asked where he was going by the youths who were stood near Anglia Wines.
As he turned around they punched him repeatedly and then kicked him on the ground. He was treated for injuries at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
One of the youths was described as being white, about 20, clean shaven, about 5’7”, stocky and wearing dark clothes.
There is no description of the other attacker.
You may also want to watch:
DC Steve Gilbey said: “This was an unprovoked and cowardly attack on a man who was walking home, minding his own business.
“He was very shaken up and received serious but not life threatening injuries.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
“I would appeal for anyone who was in the area at the time to consider whether they saw these two youths. Any information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, could help bring them to justice.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Gilbey on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.