Man, 64, punched to the ground by youths in unprovoked attack
- Credit: Archant
A man was set upon by two youths in an unprovoked attack in Ely.
The 64-year-old victim, who is from Ely, was walking along High Street at about 11.10pm on Saturday (August 30) when he was asked where he was going by the youths who were stood near Anglia Wines.
As he turned around they punched him repeatedly and then kicked him on the ground. He was treated for injuries at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
One of the youths was described as being white, about 20, clean shaven, about 5’7”, stocky and wearing dark clothes.
There is no description of the other attacker.
DC Steve Gilbey said: “This was an unprovoked and cowardly attack on a man who was walking home, minding his own business.
“He was very shaken up and received serious but not life threatening injuries.
- 1 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 2 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
“I would appeal for anyone who was in the area at the time to consider whether they saw these two youths. Any information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, could help bring them to justice.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Gilbey on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.