Man, 50, found guilty of murdering friend
- Credit: Archant
A man who stabbed his friend in the heart during a Christmas celebration has been found guilty of murder.
Andrew Turner, 50, from Pembroke Close, Mildenhall, was convicted of the murder of Paul Bone following a trial at Ipswich Crown Court on Tuesday.
Police were called to a property in Pembroke Close at around 12.50am on Friday, December 20, where they found Paul Bone, 40, from Trinity Avenue, Mildenhall had been fatally stabbed.
A postmortem examination confirmed Mr Bone died as a result of a single stab wound.
Turner was arrested that day and charged with murder which he pleaded not guilty to at a later hearing.
You may also want to watch:
During the trial the jury heard that Mr Bone and Turner had been friends, who had met up at the defendant’s address to have a few drinks before Christmas.
An altercation broke out which in which Mr Bone was stabbed in his heart.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 3 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
- 8 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 9 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 10 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
The stab wound was described in the pathologist’s report as being of severe force, which nicked one of Mr Bone’s rib bones.
Mr Bone was found collapsed in the doorway of the house by a neighbour who called the police.
At the end of the trial the jury found Andrew Turner guilty of murder and sentencing will take place tomorrow, Thursday 25 June.
Speaking at the conclusion of the trial, detective inspector Kevin Hayward from the Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team said: “This was a tragic incident where a night of celebration just before Christmas led to an argument between two friends that resulted in one losing their life. Hopefully the result at court and the eventual sentencing of Turner will give some form of closure for Paul Bone’s family.
“We would like to thank all those people who assisted us with this investigation, particularly those living locally in Mildenhall who came forward with information.”