Maltings to close for urgent repair
ELY S Maltings historic conference, exhibition and banqueting centre is to close for up to six months from May for essential repairs to its roof. The work to refit the roof will coincide with the end of East Cambridgeshire District Council s contract with
ELY'S Maltings historic conference, exhibition and banqueting centre is to close for up to six months from May for essential repairs to its roof.
The work to refit the roof will coincide with the end of East Cambridgeshire District Council's contract with Eliance which provides catering and exhibition facilities at the Maltings.
Built in 1868 for the brewery of Ebenezer William Harlock, the building was badly damaged by fire in 1967.
It was renovated, restored and converted into a hall but is now in need of scheduled roof repairs.
You may also want to watch:
East Cambridgeshire District Council's community services committee chairman, Cllr Peter Cresswell, said: "Given the number of events which take place at the Maltings and how many people like to book in advance, we felt it was appropriate to give advanced warning that the building is to close.
"This will allow anyone who is scheduling a wedding, party or conference enough time to find another venue.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut