Make new friends and enjoy a cuppa and cake at a monthly friendship group in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A friendship club that encourages people to get together over a cup of coffee and a slice of cake will hold its first meeting of 2017 this weekend.
The You Are Not Alone (YANA) club in Littleport celebrated its first birthday in festive style at Christmas.
This weekend it will hold its first meet of the year on Sunday 8 at Littleport Village Hall from 2pm to 4pm.
Kathryn Buck who set up the group said on Littleport Life website: “YANA was formed in November 2015 with the aim of wanting to make a positive impact on the quality of lives of the lonely and isolated in Littleport.
“Our first event was a Christmas Party in the village hall. This was very well attended and appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
“Following a successful funding application, we have since run a monthly Cuppa, Cake and Company Club event.
“We are continuing to enjoy the company of those who came along to the first event, whilst welcome new faces every time.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
“Tea, cake and sandwiches are provided, we usually have a quiz, and then there’s an opportunity for a sing-along.
“It’s a very informal event, very supportive, good fun, and a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
“We would like to see our Sunday afternoon gatherings continue to grow in numbers, organise trips, and continue to reach out to other in Littleport who feel isolated and alone, regardless of age.”
• For more information call Kathryn on 07904 817941 or Elaine on 01353 860836, or email Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org or join their closed Facebook page. It meets every month on the first Sunday afternoon of every month.