Make a difference to a child’s life by taking part in the Soham Christmas giving tree appeal
- Credit: Archant
The people of Soham are being asked to buy an extra gift this Christmas for someone in need of a helping hand.
The Soham Christmas Giving Tree appeal, which has been set up by Soham Sure Start and is sponsored by The Soham Staploe Rotary Club, will give the less fortunate a timely boost this festive period.
A tree has been set up in the town’s Co-Operative where you can drop off the gift or, if you would prefer, donate money.
A charity spokesman said: “Christmas is the Season of love and goodwill - a time when family and friends come together to celebrate the joy and blessings in our lives.
“For many, it can also be a time of loneliness and isolation, a time of hardship and dread at not being able to provide what would, at any other time, be a basic provision.
You may also want to watch:
“Each year (and sadly growing), many people can find themselves in crisis.
“The Soham Christmas Giving Tree aims to provide a present to all those children, within Soham schools, whose families find themselves in need of a helping hand.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
“While shopping for gifts for your loved ones this Christmas, please consider purchasing an extra one for a child in crisis or setting aside part of your budget to support The Soham Christmas Giving Tree.
“If you are unable to get out shopping or would prefer to help financially, a donation would be gratefully received and used towards this new community venture.
“Any amount you can share will be greatly appreciated and put to good use right here in Soham.”
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
1) Choose who you would like to buy a gift for and remove the childs’ tag from the tree. (This will need to be retained and returned with your gift).
2) Buy a gender and age suitable gift for your chosen child.
3) Return the gift, along with the tag, (wrapped or unwrapped) by December 14 or hand it to a staff member at the Co-op store in Soham. If you wish to provide a card with your gift, please attach firmly to the parcel.