Make 2015 the year you turn a small amount of your time into a big difference in someone’s life!
- Credit: Archant
A local charity is seeking people in Ely, Soham and surrounding areas who are interested in flexible volunteering opportunities in 2015.
Care Network Cambridgeshire help older, isolated or vulnerable people to stay independent and maintain social contact.
Manager Hilary Johnys said: “In 2014 our help at home volunteers provided practical and emotional support for people who were unwell, returning home from hospital or unwell at home over 2000 times and our community navigators provided over 6000 pieces of information to help older people make informed choices about useful or enjoyable activities in their area.
“Volunteering for Care Network is flexible and can fit around your other commitments, demand for our help is increasing, and we are looking for volunteers who will make a huge difference to people’s lives with just a few hours a month in 2015.
“Our services are very busy, especially over the winter period. Our volunteering opportunities are flexible and can fit around your other commitments. “You give as much or as little time as you would like. Training and support are given and we pay any out of pocket expenses.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.care-network.org.uk, contact email@example.com or call 01954 211919.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity