Major waste contract secured for Ely company
- Credit: Archant
Ellgia Limited is celebrating a partnership with Ferrybridge Multifuel Energy Limited (FM1) for a spot contract supply of Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF).
This is achieved through several mechanical treatment processes that eventually turn the remaining residual waste into useable waste derived fuel.
A spokesperson for the company said: “Ellgia is delighted to have secured the contract for the delivery of RDF to FM1. RDF material is pre-processed at the Ellgia Scunthorpe Depot and will be used by FM1 to generate electricity.
“This provides a local outlet for RDF which supports Ellgia’s cradle to grave philosophy for managing waste.”
Ellgia has made significant investment into the Scunthorpe site, acting as its main processing hub for the Ellgia Group, providing waste processes.
The partnership allows Ellgia to further enhance its zero waste to landfill credentials from its major waste hub in Scunthorpe.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told