Major waste contract secured for Ely company
- Credit: Archant
Ellgia Limited is celebrating a partnership with Ferrybridge Multifuel Energy Limited (FM1) for a spot contract supply of Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF).
This is achieved through several mechanical treatment processes that eventually turn the remaining residual waste into useable waste derived fuel.
A spokesperson for the company said: “Ellgia is delighted to have secured the contract for the delivery of RDF to FM1. RDF material is pre-processed at the Ellgia Scunthorpe Depot and will be used by FM1 to generate electricity.
“This provides a local outlet for RDF which supports Ellgia’s cradle to grave philosophy for managing waste.”
Ellgia has made significant investment into the Scunthorpe site, acting as its main processing hub for the Ellgia Group, providing waste processes.
You may also want to watch:
The partnership allows Ellgia to further enhance its zero waste to landfill credentials from its major waste hub in Scunthorpe.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely