Major fire on guided busway in Cambridgeshire involving car and a bus - passengers evacuated and one person reported injured
- Credit: Archant
Passengers were quickly evacuated after a fire involving a bus and a car on the guided busway in Cambridgeshire today.
At least one person is thought to have been injured and all emergency services raced to the scene.
The incident happened at around 9.30am on the guided busway in Station Road, Longstanton.
Passengers and eye witnesses posted photos from the scene showing large plumes of black smoke and both vehicles well alight.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Buses using the guided busway have been diverted and will be using other routes, so please expect delays."
Bus operator Stagecoach also confirmed it was aware of the situation and was "dealing with it".
One eye witness has reported that it appeared the car caught light first before the flames spread to the nearby bus.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Passengers on the bus were asked to walk the two miles back to Swavesey after all services were cancelled.