Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- Credit: Wisbech Standard reader
A major fire – believed to be hay bales – broke out in the Fens last night.
A Norfolk Fire Service spokesperson said it was dealing with “a large fire” on Grange Road, Walpole Cross Keys at around 8pm on Monday, October 25.
The village is eight miles from Wisbech.
Norfolk Fire Service confirmed two pumps attended and that the location is just off the A17.
Police also attended the scene of the blaze.
“We advise all in the area to keep doors and windows closed,” said a fire service spokesperson.
The fire service has now confirmed that the incident is over.
- 1 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 2 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 3 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 4 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Green bin collections suspended
- 7 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 8 Turners of Soham to sponsor major race at Cheltenham Festival
- 9 Attacked PC nominated for bravery award
- 10 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order