Magpas boosted by record Ely Inner Wheel donation
THE Inner Wheel Club of Ely presented emergency medical charity Magpas with a cheque for more than �4,000 this week, a record for the club.
Over a period of 12 months, members held a series of fund-raising events including a grand concert held at The Brook in Soham in September.
In all, the club raised a whopping �4224.73 for the charity.
Betty Flack, past president of the club, said: “We chose Magpas as our chosen charity for the year as we all believe it’s a wonderful charity and more than ever they need support.
“I am thrilled that we raised such an amazing amount and to be able to present �4224.73 makes me feel very proud knowing that the money raised will make a real difference to the lifesaving work all the Helimedix do night and day.
You may also want to watch:
Debbie Florence, fund-raising manager at Magpas, said: “We are very grateful to Betty for supporting Magpas, to everyone from the Inner Wheel and of course to everyone that took part in the events.”
If you are able to hold an event or make a donation to Magpas visit www.magpas.org.uk. As a charity, Magpas is solely reliant on donations and fundraising from the local public. Call 01480 371 062 to find out how you can help.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 5 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 6 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 7 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 10 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?