Magpas boosted by record Ely Inner Wheel donation
THE Inner Wheel Club of Ely presented emergency medical charity Magpas with a cheque for more than �4,000 this week, a record for the club.
Over a period of 12 months, members held a series of fund-raising events including a grand concert held at The Brook in Soham in September.
In all, the club raised a whopping �4224.73 for the charity.
Betty Flack, past president of the club, said: “We chose Magpas as our chosen charity for the year as we all believe it’s a wonderful charity and more than ever they need support.
“I am thrilled that we raised such an amazing amount and to be able to present �4224.73 makes me feel very proud knowing that the money raised will make a real difference to the lifesaving work all the Helimedix do night and day.
Debbie Florence, fund-raising manager at Magpas, said: “We are very grateful to Betty for supporting Magpas, to everyone from the Inner Wheel and of course to everyone that took part in the events.”
If you are able to hold an event or make a donation to Magpas visit www.magpas.org.uk. As a charity, Magpas is solely reliant on donations and fundraising from the local public. Call 01480 371 062 to find out how you can help.
- 1 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’