Magpas boosted by record Ely Inner Wheel donation
THE Inner Wheel Club of Ely presented emergency medical charity Magpas with a cheque for more than �4,000 this week, a record for the club.
Over a period of 12 months, members held a series of fund-raising events including a grand concert held at The Brook in Soham in September.
In all, the club raised a whopping �4224.73 for the charity.
Betty Flack, past president of the club, said: “We chose Magpas as our chosen charity for the year as we all believe it’s a wonderful charity and more than ever they need support.
“I am thrilled that we raised such an amazing amount and to be able to present �4224.73 makes me feel very proud knowing that the money raised will make a real difference to the lifesaving work all the Helimedix do night and day.
You may also want to watch:
Debbie Florence, fund-raising manager at Magpas, said: “We are very grateful to Betty for supporting Magpas, to everyone from the Inner Wheel and of course to everyone that took part in the events.”
If you are able to hold an event or make a donation to Magpas visit www.magpas.org.uk. As a charity, Magpas is solely reliant on donations and fundraising from the local public. Call 01480 371 062 to find out how you can help.
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Energy provider hopes green approach can take gardening by storm