Magpas boosted by record Ely Inner Wheel donation
THE Inner Wheel Club of Ely presented emergency medical charity Magpas with a cheque for more than �4,000 this week, a record for the club.
Over a period of 12 months, members held a series of fund-raising events including a grand concert held at The Brook in Soham in September.
In all, the club raised a whopping �4224.73 for the charity.
Betty Flack, past president of the club, said: “We chose Magpas as our chosen charity for the year as we all believe it’s a wonderful charity and more than ever they need support.
“I am thrilled that we raised such an amazing amount and to be able to present �4224.73 makes me feel very proud knowing that the money raised will make a real difference to the lifesaving work all the Helimedix do night and day.
You may also want to watch:
Debbie Florence, fund-raising manager at Magpas, said: “We are very grateful to Betty for supporting Magpas, to everyone from the Inner Wheel and of course to everyone that took part in the events.”
If you are able to hold an event or make a donation to Magpas visit www.magpas.org.uk. As a charity, Magpas is solely reliant on donations and fundraising from the local public. Call 01480 371 062 to find out how you can help.
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 8 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment