Magical musical ‘The Dreaming’ set for Ely’s Hayward Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Magical musical ‘The Dreaming’ is coming to Ely this summer thanks to King’s Ely and Soham’s Viva! Youth Theatre Group.
Written by Howard Goodall and Charles Hart, the play is “a beautiful and thought-provoking show based on Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
“Set in 1915 in a quiet Somerset village surrounded by woodland on the eve of the summer solstice, a young scruff of a local lad, Jack, is caught up in a woodland spat between Angel and Sylvia, the punkish tribal leaders of the woodlanders.
“Two young middle-class couples are tangled in romantic confusion. And the lord of the manor is celebrating his 21st birthday with a patriotic pageant of St George to be performed by the local tradesmen and farm boys.”
‘The Dreaming’ will be performed at Ely’s Hayward Theatre from Thursday 3 to Saturday 5 August. The show will then tour to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival from August 8 to 12. Performances are at 7.30pm and 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £10 for adults and £7 for concessions. To book, visit www.kingsely.org/box-office
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 10 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member