Macmillance Cancer Support bus to wheel into Ely next week
- Credit: Archant
Free cancer advice and support is coming to Ely next week.
Macmillan Cancer Support’s mobile service will be visiting the city on Wednesday July 19, with cancer information specialists on hand to answer questions and provide information.
The Macmillan team encourages anyone with worries relating to cancer to stop by and is also offering specialist advice about sun safety and skin cancer. It won’t, however, be performing skin checks.
Wendy Marchant, a Macmillan information and support specialist, said: “Skin cancer, if caught early, is very treatable and actually has one of the highest survival rates of all cancers.
“Being sun aware is key. Our advice is to avoid sun beds, wear a high SPF sun screen with a four-star rating or more so it will block out UVA as well as UVB rays, and cover up in the sun.”
You may also want to watch:
The team will be at the Market Place from 10am to 4pm.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody