Macmillan’s Cancer Support bus to roll in Ely and Wisbech this month
- Credit: Archant
Free cancer advice and support will be on offer when Macmillan Cancer Support’s mobile service rolls into Cambridgeshire this month.
The information bus will stop off in Ely and Wisbech on May 23 and 25, with cancer information specialists on hand to answer questions and provide information.
Now that summer is on the way, the team will also be providing specialist advice and information about sun safety and skin cancer. However, the team will be unable to perform skin checks.
Wendy Marchant, a Macmillan information and support specialist, said: “Skin cancer, if caught early, is very treatable and actually has one of the highest survival rates of all cancers.
“Being sun aware is key.”
You may also want to watch:
• The mobile service will be in Market Square in Ely from 10am to 4pm on May 23, and Market Place in Wisbech on May 25 from 10am to 4pm.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens