More than £770 raised at Nellie’s Community Café Macmillan Coffee Morning in Sutton
- Credit: SUBMITTED
Dozens of people packed Nellie’s Community Café on Friday as they took part in Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning 2018, raising £770 for the charity.
The event, held at Scott Court in Sutton, took place on Friday, September 28 and was open from 10am to 2pm. In total, the fundraiser generated £773.
One event visitor said: “I really enjoy coming to Nellie’s, the atmosphere in the cafe is great and it was amazing to see so many people support such a worthy cause.”
The café opens on the second Wednesday and last Friday of each month at Scott Court in Sutton from 10am to 2pm.
All profits from the café go towards local and national charities and it is run by volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Viv Fortin, café volunteer, said “It was a fantastic day. People of all ages supported the event. We even had children from Butterfly Pre-school come along and join in.”
A spokesman for the café said: “We would like to thank everyone who attended the event, donated cakes or prizes and all those who helped on the day.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
For more information or to ask about volunteering, call: 01353 777224