More than £770 raised at Nellie’s Community Café Macmillan Coffee Morning in Sutton
- Credit: SUBMITTED
Dozens of people packed Nellie’s Community Café on Friday as they took part in Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning 2018, raising £770 for the charity.
The event, held at Scott Court in Sutton, took place on Friday, September 28 and was open from 10am to 2pm. In total, the fundraiser generated £773.
One event visitor said: “I really enjoy coming to Nellie’s, the atmosphere in the cafe is great and it was amazing to see so many people support such a worthy cause.”
The café opens on the second Wednesday and last Friday of each month at Scott Court in Sutton from 10am to 2pm.
All profits from the café go towards local and national charities and it is run by volunteers.
Viv Fortin, café volunteer, said “It was a fantastic day. People of all ages supported the event. We even had children from Butterfly Pre-school come along and join in.”
A spokesman for the café said: “We would like to thank everyone who attended the event, donated cakes or prizes and all those who helped on the day.”
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 3 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 4 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 8 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 9 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 10 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
For more information or to ask about volunteering, call: 01353 777224