More than £770 raised at Nellie’s Community Café Macmillan Coffee Morning in Sutton
- Credit: SUBMITTED
Dozens of people packed Nellie’s Community Café on Friday as they took part in Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning 2018, raising £770 for the charity.
The event, held at Scott Court in Sutton, took place on Friday, September 28 and was open from 10am to 2pm. In total, the fundraiser generated £773.
One event visitor said: “I really enjoy coming to Nellie’s, the atmosphere in the cafe is great and it was amazing to see so many people support such a worthy cause.”
The café opens on the second Wednesday and last Friday of each month at Scott Court in Sutton from 10am to 2pm.
All profits from the café go towards local and national charities and it is run by volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Viv Fortin, café volunteer, said “It was a fantastic day. People of all ages supported the event. We even had children from Butterfly Pre-school come along and join in.”
A spokesman for the café said: “We would like to thank everyone who attended the event, donated cakes or prizes and all those who helped on the day.”
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
For more information or to ask about volunteering, call: 01353 777224