Lunchtime Pint Lands Driver In Trouble
ENJOYING a couple of pints of beer before cooking his Sunday lunch in his camper van landed Mark Langford with a 12 month driving ban this week. Delivery driver Langford – who has a postal address in Stuntney – had denied a charge of drink-driving, but wa
ENJOYING a couple of pints of beer before cooking his Sunday lunch in his camper van landed Mark Langford with a 12 month driving ban this week.
Delivery driver Langford - who has a postal address in Stuntney - had denied a charge of drink-driving, but was found guilty after a trial at Ely courthouse on Thursday.
Prosecutor Angela Sassoli told how Langford's van was seen on CCTV as it left the Broad Street car park in Ely at 4.08pm and was seen driving into the Barton Road car park just a couple of minute's later.
At 4.15pm that day he admitted to a police officer that he had been drinking, and he failed a breath test. He gave a reading of 42 mcgs of alcohol in 100 mls of breath, when 35mcgs is the legal limit.
You may also want to watch:
Langford, conducting his own defence, told magistrates that he had drunk two pints in a pub, before moving his van. After parking up he had changed a gas bottle, and had drunk more beer from a can before being breathalysed.
He agreed he had not mentioned drinking at the van at the time he gave his breath test.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
Langford was fined �175 and must pay costs of �250 and a �15 surcharge.