'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- Credit: Supplied by Michael Rouse
Lucy Frazer, MP for South East Cambridgeshire, recently paid a visit to Prickwillow Museum, near Ely.
While there, she met with volunteers and trustees and found out how visitors are returning to the museum now lockdown restrictions are lifted.
She said: “They do an incredible job preserving the still-running drainage engines, keeping alive local history and the heritage of the Fens.
“I'd encourage all constituents to pay a visit over the summer and support this fantastic local attraction."
Prickwillow Museum tells the story of the drainage of the Fens, the history of the area and explores the lives of those who ran the drainage pumps in remote locations.
You may also want to watch:
It has ambitious improvement plans for the future, which range from improving its facilities for the disabled and less-mobile and widening its offerings to include hosting meetings and exhibitions.
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 4 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 9 Military teenager to star on national podcast
- 10 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’