Lucy Frazer to chair second meeting at Ely College ahead of sponsor take over
- Credit: Archant
Member of Parliament for South East Cambridgeshire, Lucy Frazer, has called a second meeting for parents and carers of pupils at Ely College to give them an opportunity to meet the new college’s new sponsors.
Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust (CMAT) is to take over at the college from current sponsors, CfBT Schools Trust, in July.
The meeting, on Friday May 20, is the second the MP has arranged, following a meeting last December to address issues after the college was placed into special measures by Ofsted last spring.
Mrs Frazer said: “This meeting will be a great opportunity for parents and carers of pupils at Ely College to meet the new sponsors.
“Although the school has been through a difficult time, being placed into the special measures category by Ofsted last spring, CMAT have a good record of improving schools in similar positions. It is time for us to look ahead to ensure that Ely College makes use of its full potential.”
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will be chaired by Mrs Frazer, and will be attended by Ely College Principal Evelyn Forde, Chair of Governors Tricia Prichard, Chief Executive of CfBT Schools Trust Chris Tweedale, Chief Executive of CMAT Mark Woods and Regional Schools Commissioner for East of England and North-East London, Dr Tim Coulson.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station