Lucky draw winners net a holiday to Florida
- Credit: Archant
The winners of the Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund holiday to Florida were announced this week.
David and Bridget Dawkins, from Soham, had the winning ticket which was drawn by Dr Lynn Morgan at Arthur Rank House, in Cambridge.
A delighted David said: “We have never won anything before and never been to Florida, looking at it on line, Sarasota is one of the best places to stay.”
The holiday was donated by Morning Glory Holidays, the second time they have donated a trip to Lisa’s Fund.
Robert Barnes, charity founder, said: “A big thank-you to Christa Pleasants for organising this. Premier Travel Ely has also given the winners free parking at Gatwick Airport, they have been great supporters of Lisa’s Fund from the start.
You may also want to watch:
“Lisa’s Fund has now reached £96,000, this is a great tribute to the many volunteers helping Lisa’s Fund week in and week out, I could not manage without them.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening