Competition win for aspiring photographer
- Credit: KING'S ELY
An aspiring Ely photographer won a national competition after his image was picked as the best of 200 entries from schools across Britain.
Lucas Edevane, who is a Year 12 student at King's Ely, received £150 worth of photography products after he won the 2021 ILFORD PHOTO UK Student Photography Competition.
The theme of this year’s competition was ‘darkness and light’, and Lucas now stands a chance of winning the international competition.
An ILFORD spokesman said: “Lucas’ image was captured on ILFORD FP4 Plus and superbly printed on ILFORD MULTIGRADE RC Deluxe paper.
"Lucas has helped to extend King’s Ely and tutor Antonio Longo’s winning streak to four years."
Another six King’s Ely Senior students made the finals of the contest this year: Emily Gredley, Francesca Stevens, Ivana Peat, PiaoPiao Li, Dominic Illsley and George Diogenous.
Emily, who is also in Year 12, was placed third in the competition and has received a ‘highly commended’ certificate.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
King’s Ely’s shortlisted students have also been invited to visit ILFORD’s site to see how the film and papers are made
It also means the school has now won the contest for four years running.
Last year, Paige Newell won the competition, in 2019 Luna Guo won and in 2018 it was won by Orla Simpson.