‘Lovely afternoon in the sun’ marks 60th anniversary of The Harbour School, Wilburton
- Credit: Archant
The Harbour School in Wilburton began celebrating its 60th anniversary over the weekend with a summer fete.
The afternoon event, which was held on the grounds of the old manor house, offered people the opportunity to tour the site, have fun on a bouncy slide and castle, enjoy a range of BBQ food and a visit from Ely Fire Brigade, sample some sugary treats from a sweet stall and enjoy a dog agility event.
Visitors on the day were able to sit in the sun and listen to music performed by Straight Jacket, against the back drop of the old Manor House.
The event also attracted support from Wilburton Primary School and Humpty’s Nursery, who ran their own stalls.
Pam Hudson, admin assistant and medications manager at the Harbour School, Wilburton, said: “It was a lovely day where members from all over the community came together and had a lovely afternoon in the sun with many ex-members of staff reminiscing together.
You may also want to watch:
“Feedback from visitors was extremely positive, with so many people enjoying the chance to have a look around our site.”
She added that the summer fete was just the first of a number of special events to mark the anniversary.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 3 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 9 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 10 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’
“We are planning something a little more formal with our students and some special guests, on Monday October 12 – 60 years to the day that the school opened.
“We think it is important to celebrate the fact that for 60 years our school in the village of Wilburton has been helping children with additional needs, to flourish and realise their potential.”