Can you feel the love? Ely gets set for second annual ‘LoveFest’
- Credit: Archant
Get ready to feel the love as the Ely Rock Eels group prepare to hold their second annual ‘LoveFest’ at the Prince Albert pub.
The celebration of all things love will take place this Saturday (February 9).
And the “carpet of love” is growing every day in the Prince Albert’s garden.
The event sees rock painters design rocks which anyone can take home as a gift for their loved one.
Last year, Fleur Patten’s popular event fell on the day of romance, however this year’s attendees will have to collect a “love rock” before the big day.
You may also want to watch:
There’ll be Jacen Bruce with Rockabilly music, Blue Kangaroo face painting, an auction for a hand-painted box rock box and lots of prizes.
“But there’s no pressure to spend any money at all,” said Fleur Patten of ERE.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 5 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
“Just come along, wear red and join in the fun. It’s for everyone.”
Festivities start at 11am this Saturday.
Pick up a unique Valentine’s gift for your special someone, yourself, or a complete stranger, but remember to post your Love Rock on Ely Rock Eels’ Facebook page.