Love the Ely food and drink festival - Valentine is first celebrity chef to sign up for this year’s event
- Credit: Archant
The first celebrity chef has signed up for the second food and drink festival in Ely.
Valentine Warner, renowned food writer and cook and famous for his BBC series What to Eat Now has agreed to the event on Sunday 3 May.
As well as cookery demonstrations, Valentine will be signing copies of his latest book and offering tips on creating flavoursome food.
Planning has begun in earnest to ensure the 2015 festival, sponsored by G’s Fresh, will top the first one last year.
Mr Warner, said: “In recent years, we have seen a revolution in the way we cook, eat and approach food. As a nation, it feels like good cooking is not just an aspiration but something we all want to achieve in our own homes.
“This is why events such as the Ely’s Food and Drink Festival are so exciting – they offer the opportunity for people like me to highlight different ways of cooking food and the vast arrange of ingredients you can use.
“Ely and the Fens are well known for their fantastic local produce.”
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 5 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 6 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
Valentine Warner is a cook, food writer and broadcaster. Training originally as a portrait painter he went on to become a chef in London’s kitchens for five years before running his own catering company.
Cllr Hamish Ross, service delivery champion of markets and town centres at East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: “We had a fantastic Eel Weekend last year with thousands of people coming to Ely to throughout the three days.
“We were especially pleased with the success of the Food and Drink Festival which took place in the shadow of Ely Cathedral. It was a highlight of the year for many people, as they saw some of the best local chefs demonstrate their skills and were able to taste some amazing local produce.
“Valentine is well known for his passion for nature, the seasons and being outdoors so he seems a perfect fit for festival. Signing up Valentine is the first of what I am sure will be a number of fantastic names to light up our event next year so watch this space for more announcements.”