Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- Credit: Supplied
A lorry driver was spotted travelling the wrong way around a Fenland roundabout.
A motorist travelling in the opposite direction had a shock when he was dazzled by the HGV’s headlights on the approach to the Bartlett's roundabout in Chatteris.
It happened last night (Tuesday) at around 10pm.
The passenger travelling with him managed to take a photograph of the lorry, which was travelling anti-clockwise around the roundabout.
The driver, who has asked to remain anonymous, said he tried explaining to the lorry driver he was on the wrong side of the road – but he didn’t seem to speak any English.
You may also want to watch:
“I just wanted to warn other road users to be on the lookout,” he said.
- 1 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 2 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 3 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 4 Village fights ‘creeping planning approvals’ after care home ditched.
- 5 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 6 Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- 7 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 8 Victim claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 9 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 10 Fire crews tackle blaze at Ely engineering works