‘Thank you from the bottom of my heart’ - lorry driver thanks helpers at crash scene
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver whose vehicle rolled into a ditch on the Forty Foot has publicly thanked passers-by for helping him.
Steve Offord is believed to be the driver of an HGV which came off the road and ended up in a ditch on Tuesday (December 8).
He was assessed by paramedics at the scene but was not seriously injured.
Later, he public thanked those who stopped to help him after the collision.
He said: “I am the HGV driver who had an accident this morning the Forty Foot road when I came off the road and rolled my truck.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to say a big thank you to the people who stopped and helped me.
“Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 5 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 6 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 9 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 10 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
Police had to close a stretch of the Forty Foot bank between Chatteris and Benwick on Tuesday afternoon to recover the lorry.
The incident happened at around 9:10am near Ramsey Forty Foot.