Lorry Driver Suffers Serious Injuries In A14 Smash
A LORRY driver suffered serious injuries following a collision on the A14 on Saturday (Dec 12) The incident involved two HGV vehicles and took place at around 7.30am on the westbound carriageway of the road between Swavesey and Fenstanton .One of the lor
A LORRY driver suffered serious injuries following a collision on the A14 on Saturday (Dec 12)
The incident involved two HGV vehicles and took place at around 7.30am on the westbound carriageway of the road between Swavesey and Fenstanton .
One of the lorries left the carriageway and ended up in a roadside ditch, trapping the driver in the cab. The fire service was called to help remove the driver and he was rushed to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries.
PC Dave Osbourn from the roads policing unit, said: "This incident caused long delays on the A14 and the road was closed overnight between Saturday and Sunday for the vehicle to be recovered.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like to speak to anyone who saw what happened, as part of our investigations."
Anyone with information is asked to speak to PC Osbourn on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 9 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 10 Our guide to The Library Presents' spring outdoor events series