Lord Toby Jug pops in to Littleport for final day of 22 day challenge for 22 press ups a day to raise awareness of post traumatic stress
- Credit: Archant
Lord Toby Jug, Leader of the Eccentric Party turned up to offer encouragement to Cathy Gibb-de Swarte’s final 22nd day of press ups in 22 days held at Littleport’s Plough & Harrow pub on Monday night
He said: “I think Cathy did some sterling work in completing 22 press ups in 22 days to raise awareness of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. We take our top hats off to her in her honour.
“The Eccentric Party is in the vanguard of leading the people of the world towards a bright new world of peace and plenty, fun and festivities cultural enlightenment and free chocolate biscuits.”
One of Littleport’s video participants, Kim Oakhill from Sigma Embroidery & Printing was picked as the winner of one of the funniest videos out of all the 22 recorded during Cathy’s press up stint.
Kim said: “There were some other superb videos including the firemen who I believe had been viewed over 1,000 times by Facebook viewers.
“I will treasure this prize which has been an in joke ever since we moved into the premises which originally belonged to the Bargain Centre who sold these outrageous oversized ladies knickers.”
Cathy said: “I achieved what I set out to do which was to have fun, get people involved and highlight all the good things people do in this village.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Her next goal is to host a tea party in support Addenbrooke’s Breast Cancer Appeal on Friday October 21, 2016.