Lord Toby Jug pops in to Littleport for final day of 22 day challenge for 22 press ups a day to raise awareness of post traumatic stress
- Credit: Archant
Lord Toby Jug, Leader of the Eccentric Party turned up to offer encouragement to Cathy Gibb-de Swarte’s final 22nd day of press ups in 22 days held at Littleport’s Plough & Harrow pub on Monday night
He said: “I think Cathy did some sterling work in completing 22 press ups in 22 days to raise awareness of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. We take our top hats off to her in her honour.
“The Eccentric Party is in the vanguard of leading the people of the world towards a bright new world of peace and plenty, fun and festivities cultural enlightenment and free chocolate biscuits.”
One of Littleport’s video participants, Kim Oakhill from Sigma Embroidery & Printing was picked as the winner of one of the funniest videos out of all the 22 recorded during Cathy’s press up stint.
Kim said: “There were some other superb videos including the firemen who I believe had been viewed over 1,000 times by Facebook viewers.
You may also want to watch:
“I will treasure this prize which has been an in joke ever since we moved into the premises which originally belonged to the Bargain Centre who sold these outrageous oversized ladies knickers.”
Cathy said: “I achieved what I set out to do which was to have fun, get people involved and highlight all the good things people do in this village.”
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
Her next goal is to host a tea party in support Addenbrooke’s Breast Cancer Appeal on Friday October 21, 2016.