Witchford teenager is selling homemade ‘Positive Pops’ lollipops for her charity summer holiday mission
- Credit: Archant
A kind-hearted teenager from Witchford is hoping to raise money for local charities by selling homemade lollipops during her school holiday.
Tashi Marley is making ‘Positive Pops’ her summer mission to get as many shops in Ely to support her by having a stand of the sweet treats in their shop.
“It’s a lot of work but I’m hoping the results will be a big help to the charities I want to help,” Tashi said.
The 13-year-old, who is a student at Witchford Village College, has already had retail giant John Lewis confirm a stand in their Cambridge store, while closer to home, the pops are selling well in Scampers Natural Pet Store, in Soham.
Positive Pops are homemade lollipops that are blue in colour.
Tashi explained: “I wanted to do a summer pledge to raise much needed supplies for local charities.
“I have been running Tashis Treats for a while now - I make sweet treats or products and have a pop up stand at my school and some businesses - these have been for Children in Need, Red Nose Day and many more national charities.
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 3 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 4 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 5 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 8 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
- 9 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 10 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
“I made badges and bracelets for the Manchester fund for the Red Cross too,
“My summer holiday goal is to get these homemade lollipop stands in as many shops in Ely as possible.
“Every bit of the money raised will go to local charities starting with Street Vet who help homeless people’s dogs in our area.
“Any business that is interested in Ely, I will deliver it to them and refill when needed and for more information they can get in touch at Positivepops@yahoo.com.”