The Ely and District Parkinson’s UK Support Group hear from trio of local speakers at November meeting in the city
- Credit: Supplied
Members of a Cambridgeshire Parkinson’s support group were joined by a trio of local speakers at their monthly meeting.
Three speakers, Debbie Hitchings, Tom Cockerton and Mike Howard, spoke to members of The Ely and District Parkinson's UK Support Group in November.
A spokesman said: "Members were delighted to hear from three different local speakers at their November meeting.
"Debbie Hitchings gave ideas and a demonstration on how to plant a planter for the colder months.
"She shared tips on how to keep various plants healthy which included feeding your camellia with tea!
You may also want to watch:
"Members had been keen to learn more about the Prospects Trust and wanted to hear about Unwrapped, Tom Cockerton gave the group an insight into the trust and the ethos behind unwrapped.
"The afternoon concluded with a return visit from Mike Howard of Rain Wizard Catering. All agreed the meeting had been enlightening and informative."
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
If you have Parkinson's, are a carer or a family member and would like to join the group, contact Caroline Nicklinson via firstname.lastname@example.org or 07718191482.