Local democracy goes on the road
IN an effort to bring local democracy closer to the public, East Cambridgeshire District Council is bringing its last full council meeting of 2006 to Soham. The full council involves all 39 councillors meeting five times each year to discuss a range of is
IN an effort to bring local democracy closer to the public, East Cambridgeshire District Council is bringing its last full council meeting of 2006 to Soham.
The full council involves all 39 councillors meeting five times each year to discuss a range of issues and topics affecting the district. This meeting will be held in the Beechurst Hall of Soham Village College on December 5, starting at 6.30pm and members of the public are welcome to come along.
As well as normal council business, among the items to be discussed at the meeting are:
# The start of the pilot Neighbourhood Panel in Soham.
You may also want to watch:
# A look into the future of the region with Sir David Trippier from Cambridgeshire Horizons.
# A presentation on Affordable Warmth from Mark Woolhouse, sustainable energy officer at ECDC, and Ian Bradley, from National Energy Action.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
Members of the public are invited to have their say by submitting any questions they may have of the council before the start of the
Tracy Couper, principal democratic services officer at East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: "We feel it is important to take the full council meetings out of Ely and into the district so our councillors can be seen and heard by more of the public. These meetings are your opportunity to hear what the council has been up to and also for you to ask questions about their work.
"Local democracy is a powerful entity and should never be underestimated as the decisions which councillors make can, and do have, an impact on the way we all lead our lives. We really hope the residents of Soham take this opportunity to come along and see how their council works."
INFO: For further information on the full council meeting or to submit a question please contact Tracy Couper on 01353 616278 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org