Fly tippers may have left valuable clue at the scene
- Credit: FixMyStreet
The person who tipped off Fenland Council about fly tipping in Wisbech is hopeful clues left at the scene can track those responsible.
A photo of the large quantity of rubbish near Rummer Farm North, Wisbech, was sent to the website FixMyStreet.
The website collates all tip-off about fly tipping and sends it reports directly to the council concerned – in this instance Fenland.
The photo was uplifted to FixMyStreet at 5.49pm on Wednesday anonymously.
It was accompanied by the message: “More fly tipping; looks like builders' rubbish.
“There seems to be paper in amongst the rubbish which might have an address on it?”
FixMyStreet often deals with thousands of incidents a day – in the past week for instance it has received 11.956 reports of such incidents.
- 1 Cinderella makes a comeback thanks to Players' Christmas pantomime
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 7 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 8 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 9 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
- 10 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
It is an independent website, built by the charity mySociety.
“We wanted to make it easier to report problems in your community, even if you don't know who those reports should go to,” says a statement on their website.
“So, we made FixMyStreet. All you have to do is type in a postcode – or let the site locate you automatically – and describe your problem. Then we send your report to the people whose job it is to fix it.
To contact FixMyStreet click here
FixMyStreet covers the whole of the UK. No matter where you are, the only thing you ever have to remember is our web address – FixMyStreet.com.”