Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Ben Jolley
The pandemic may be coming to an end but precautions remain in place as the count gets under way in East Cambridgeshire.
Ballot papers were verified last night and now the counting begins inside the Ross Peers sports centre at Soham.
All the ballot papers from the eight East Cambs divisions were taken there last night once polling closed.
They have been verified and soon counting will begin to find those eight candidates that will win seats on Cambridgeshire County Council.
The hall will become the centre of regional attention tomorrow (Saturday) as it is where the result of the police and crime commissioner election and the election of a mayor for the combined authority will be announced.
You may also want to watch:
We'll keep you posted throughout as results come in.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 7 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 8 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 9 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 10 Chilled out seal photographed relaxing on Cambs riverbank