Most expensive place to pay council tax in Cambridgeshire revealed
- Credit: Archant
The area with the most expensive council tax in Cambridgeshire has been revealed.
Wimblington Parish Council has the highest total council tax in the county.
Council tax is split between Cambridgeshire County Council, the district councils, fire and police authorities and parish councils.
The Band D total council tax rate for Wimblington for this year is £2,142.68.
Of this total amount £1,469.61 goes to the county council, £74.97 to the fire authority, £257.58 to the Police and Crime Commissioner, £260.46 to Fenland District Council, and £80.06 to Wimblington Parish Council.
Parish council’s provide different services in different areas, some will run community centres or playing fields.
Here is a breakdown of the highest Band D total council tax rates from each of the county’s districts:
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 5 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 6 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 9 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 10 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- Cambridge City Council – There are no parish councils in the city district. The Band D rate in Cambridge city is £2,014.66.
- East Cambridgeshire District Council – Wentworth ward, £2,077.41
- Fenland District Council – Wimblington ward, £2,142.68
- Huntingdonshire District Council – Huntingdon, £2,140.69
- South Cambridgeshire District Council – Barrington, £2,114.60
Wimblington Parish Council was approached for comment.