Local businesses pull together for Children In Need
- Credit: Archant
A business park near Ely has raised £512 for Children In Need.
Chettisham Business Park on Lynn Road, Ely joined in to donate prizes for a raffle which was drawn today.
Drain care specialists, Metro Rod (Cambridge), organised the fundraising. Several other businesses on the park also joined in, including Holloseal Glass, Ely Rustic Furniture, 3Q Sports, Winthorpe Vehicle Services & MOT Centre, Cambridge Timber Buildings, Packwell D&S, Fencabs and MAC construction.
Prizes included a free gutter clearance, a free M.O.T, a £50 voucher for a night out, a rustic TV cabinet, a bird table, Nike footballs, prosecco, chocolates, whiskey and a £100 voucher to spend at a local restaurant in Ely.
Kevin Russell, owner of Metro Rod (Cambridge), said: “It was a great opportunity for the local businesses to get together and support a worthy cause.”
You may also want to watch:
The BBC’s Children in Need appeal takes place on Friday November 18.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'