Local author Maggie Jeffrey keeps dozens entertained with readings at Ely Library
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of youngsters were treated to the visit of a best-selling local author at Ely Library.
Children’s author Maggie Jeffrey visited the library on Wednesday June 1 to read excerpts from her latest book, The Colour Fairies.
Over 20 children sat and listened to Ms Jeffrey’s readings, before enjoying colouring and getting their own books signed by the author.
Children’s librarian, Louise Aldridge, said the event was enjoyed by all. She said: “Maggie was lovely with the children. They all sat and enjoyed listening to her lovely Scottish accent!
“Maggie sold and signed ten books too, which is great.”
You may also want to watch:
The event precedes a big summer initiative for the library, the Big Friendly Read, which is a national campaign to try and encourage children to read more.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph