Award-winning author Jim Kelly to host Reading Round book club sessions at Ely Library
- Credit: Archant
Ely Library is to welcome a new book club next month.
Award-winning local author Jim Kelly will host the ‘Reading Round’ sessions every Thursday from October 12.
The sessions, of which there will be 30, involve “no homework,” according to Mr Kelly.
He said: “There’s no need for pens or paper or any preparation. You don’t need to have read anything beforehand.
“Each week I will read out a short story and a poem. The Royal Literary Fund, which sponsors the scheme, has a ‘bank’ of great works from which I can choose. Then we all discuss the texts.
“It’s brilliant that the library has been able to provide a room and support. It’s the perfect place at the heart of the community.”
The sessions will run from 6pm to 7.30pm at a price of £2 per session. It is hoped to run further ‘rounds’ in the future.
- 1 Murder trial hears of 'appalling catalogue of injuries' suffered by baby
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Relief for clinical Soham as four-month winless run is over
- 4 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 5 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Villagers confront the challenge of Corkers rising from the ashes
- 8 Hospital study shows daily capsules could help long Covid sufferers
- 9 Match ball from Cambridge United's victory against Newcastle to be raffled for charity
- 10 Football club reunion bids to bring good times back to Barry
Numbers are limited to about a dozen. If you are interested contact Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org.