Local author and historian Michael Rouse to publish book about secrets of Ely
- Credit: Archant
A local author and historian will release a book about the secrets of Ely next month.
Deputy Mayor Councillor Michael Rouse’s ‘Secret Ely’ explores the little-known and often colourful history of the cathedral city of Ely through a fascinating selection of stories, facts and photographs.
The paperback book, which costs £14.99 and is 96 pages long, will be published on November 15.
In the book Cllr Rouse explores the less well known episodes of Ely’s history from its beginnings as a collection of houses surrounding the mediaeval abbey and cathedral on an island in the Fens.
“With tales of remarkable characters, unusual events and tucked away historical buildings, Secret Ely will appeal to all those with an interest in the history of Ely, and to all those who wish to learn more about this fascinating and historical corner of Cambridgeshire and the Fens,” say publishers Amberley Books.
You may also want to watch:
‘Secret Ely’ can be bought from www.amberley-books.com www.amazon.co.uk and is also available in Kindle, Kobo.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 3 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 6 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 10 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main