Local author and historian Michael Rouse to publish book about secrets of Ely
- Credit: Archant
A local author and historian will release a book about the secrets of Ely next month.
Deputy Mayor Councillor Michael Rouse’s ‘Secret Ely’ explores the little-known and often colourful history of the cathedral city of Ely through a fascinating selection of stories, facts and photographs.
The paperback book, which costs £14.99 and is 96 pages long, will be published on November 15.
In the book Cllr Rouse explores the less well known episodes of Ely’s history from its beginnings as a collection of houses surrounding the mediaeval abbey and cathedral on an island in the Fens.
“With tales of remarkable characters, unusual events and tucked away historical buildings, Secret Ely will appeal to all those with an interest in the history of Ely, and to all those who wish to learn more about this fascinating and historical corner of Cambridgeshire and the Fens,” say publishers Amberley Books.
You may also want to watch:
‘Secret Ely’ can be bought from www.amberley-books.com www.amazon.co.uk and is also available in Kindle, Kobo.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony