Local audiences raise more than £900 for charities over KD Theatre pantomime season
- Credit: Archant
Ely group KD Theatre Productions raised £980 for charities by collecting money during their ‘Aladdin’ pantomime Christmas run at The Maltings.
KD donated the funds to the mayor’s charity, Make Some Noise and the Panto Bus Project, which helps fund the transport for the schools to attend the pantomime.
Producer Daniel Bell said: “It’s great to be associated with so many great causes.
“The pantomime is so well attended and so it’s great to raise the profile of the fantastic work these charities and organisations are doing.
“We are a firm believer of children visiting the theatre, and pantomime is often the first experience for a child so our Panto Bus Project helps with making the pantomime accessible to schools.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as supporting the different charities, ‘Lisa’s Fund’ also held a fundraising stand over the course of the pantomime.
KD Theatre Productions is currently working on their professional Easter production ‘Treasure Island and the Caribbean Pirates’ which is at The Maltings between April 1 and 5 before touring around East Anglia.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
For tickets visit www.kdtheatre.co.uk or call 01638 781037.
Tickets are also on sale for the company’s Christmas Pantomime ‘Beauty and the Beast’, also at The Maltings. If your charity would like to be considered as one of the chosen charities email email@example.com